Monday, August 29, 2011

Still a sewin'!!!

Well, working has one again commenced (sniff, sniff) but I'm stillllllllll sewing! Whrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (that's my sewing machine, if you weren't sure) Having my new sewing room REALLY helps because I can spread out, stay organized, close it all up, and just do a little here and there as I can (though sewing for me is like reading a good book...I burn the midnight oil!) Oh, and it's pretty :)


My skillZ came in handy recently when Bill needed some custom made curtains and video camera covers/accessories. I really didn't know what I was doing, but somehow created patterns and it all worked out! It was definitely different to shop for fabric WITH him!  Here's what we ended up with:


Crazy long curtains made out of moving blankets (they weren't supposed to be pretty, no worries!) NOT FUN!




The camera cover with detachable thingy (official term) on the end to focus light. Or something. I was just the worker- ask him! This is made out of pleather, extra heavyweight stabilizer, and silver vinyl lining. I ended up using bias tape to bind the raw edges since it was so thick!

The inside...! The velcro is for this flap thingy. Yes, thingy.


I don't think I'm starting my own camera cover business or anything, but I was glad to be able to help! I will say that being able to sew is kinda like owning a truck when it's someone's moving day. I can't even believe how many people ask me to make things for them! Even this lady I JUST MET at gymnastics asked me to fix her daughter's tutu (after asking me if I'd made my bag, not that I was touting my skills!) And well, yeah, I fixed it ;)

Until next time...Whrrrrrrrr! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment